Not the most yummiest sounding thing ever — but it’s actually kind of nice.
It’s 9 a.m. in Florida and I have a track workout in an hour or so. Instead of making the typical oatmeal and scrambled egg whites, I decided to go for a blue berry protein shake with Kale. There I have my greens, protein and sweetness. It’s definitely different without the hassle of having to use pots and pans. And even better, it’s easy.
If you have a blender, or my favorite a magic bullet, all you have to do is put all the ingredients in the container and blend. Here’s what I use:
- cup of milk (Lactaid for me)
- half cup of ice, give or take
- All the leaves off of a long stalk of Kale (doesn’t matter what kind)
- Two fresh mint leaves (minty taste, yasss baby yasss)
- A spoonful of chia seeds
- Two or three spoons of frozen blueberries
- and my fav — Jamie Eason’s Vanilla Protein one scoop
Make sure it’s super blended and creamy, and enjoy my friends.